Skip to main content

Remembering Hope

Hope. We can't forget Hope.
I've had the honor of praying for so many friends.  Some of them, I've never met and others I consider to be an extension of my own family.  Recently, my prayer list has gotten REALLY long.

  • Friends with Doctor's appointments
  • Neighbors seeking wisdom
  • People who need healing/miracles
  • Those in the community who are suffering/grieving
  • Missionaries who face spiritual and physical trials that hinder the sharing of the Gospel
  • Prayers that may seem less heavy, but are good to place before the Lord Almighty
Sadly, not long ago, I looked at all these requests and felt helpless.  Oh, it was bad.  Evil upon evil.  Praying to God should unburden worries.  Asking God for wisdom should lend us to trust.  Begging God for miracles and healing should rise up our faith.  May our prayers change us; transform us!
In the messy and heavy, I lost sight of Hope.  God can do anything.  There is no place His outstretched hands cannot reach.  God is mighty.  He is a healer.

Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.
Romans 12:12

HOPE.  We can't forget Hope.  When the waves are high and we stumble to find footing, Hope is always there.  We can't lose sight, even in our cloudy days.  We have Hope because of Jesus.  We believe in God's promises.  We have hope because we know the end game.  There is treasure waiting for us.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Hope is a real and precious gift from the Lord.  As I continue to pray for my friends, I'm also praying that God would fill me up with so much hope that it bubbles over in my heart.
Tomorrow, Friday, July 26th, I have a 2 month scan.  I am hopeful and grateful.  I'm hopeful my scans will show God continuing to perform a miracle by keeping the cancer at bay.  I'm grateful for my doctors, sweet times with my girls and a husband who serves us well.

I pray for those who read this, for where ever you are in life, whatever your situation that you will seek and find Hope.  The true, life-giving Hope... in Jesus!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ fromthe dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade...
1 Peter 1:3-4

Comments

  1. Praying for a clear scan today! May the Lord hold you and your family close as you trust in His perfect plan <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Here We Are

I've tried to sit down and write this post about three times.  Every time I make it about a solid paragraph in and I scrap it to start over.  The first pass was already going to be really long winded and detailed.  The second was a little better, but opened the door for about a million rabbit trails to take. I think I've settled on the following for both time and posterity; back to a stream of consciousness brain dump... at least you know you're getting the freshest content. :) Ash was a gentle (most of the time :) ), compassionate heartbeat.  She had this unwavering focus to point others to Jesus.  She loved deeply  and had this ability to meet anyone where they were and pull them in.  She knew me better than anyone and (even in spite of that :) ), she loved me.  She was a tender-hearted mother that loved her girls more than most anything else.  She was passionate for caring for children (summers in other countries working in orphanages, working preschool ministry, her car

Merciful Rest

Today. May 14, 2022. A day that'll be etched into my memory for the rest of my life. It's the day my wife died. It's the day that holds moments that hurt worse than anything I've felt before. It's also the day that has brought some of the greatest episodes of hope I've ever seen. The past 72 hours have been some of the most rigorous as a caretaker.  These day have reminded me so very much of where we began this journey four and a half years ago in the ICU at UAB after her surgery, though, with one major difference... during those days I prayed earnestly for my wife to be saved and to recover.  These past few days have been filled with nothing but prayers of thankfulness and for mercy. I didn't sleep Thursday into Friday.  Ash required medications every hour and she was already showing signs of getting ready to leave her earthly body.  So aside from 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there... I embraced my former collegiate life and pulled an all-nighter. (Defini

Unexpectedly Expected

Good Evening- **Disclaimer: I'm an engineer.  I'm not a writer.  I did not major in English.  I prefer a mix of stream of consciousness and storytelling  as opposed to a formal MLA style paper.  If that really bothers you, I'm sorry and you will struggle through my posts.** Originally, I thought this would be the best medium to distribute information about the journey we are on.  I was wrong.  Even though it seems the sporadic updates I've gotten today have felt fewer and farther between than I would have liked, it all really came at a speed that was too fast to distribute through this blog. So, I imagine going forward this may be used as a milestone platform.  There will be honest, blunt communication of what's going on.  There will also be some behind-the-scenes analysis of everything.  I can't promise these will be short posts, but I can promise they'll be real and they'll be raw. So, let's start with today.  October 24, 2017 .  A