Skip to main content

Shifting Sands

Seems that change is the only constant.  My next scan WAS planned for June 7th.  I was gearing up to be emotionally prepared for that day.  I was feeling pretty good and ready to go.  Then, what seemed like the last minute, my scans and doctor's appointment were rescheduled to THIS Friday.  The "Let's Go!" feeling vanished and was replaced with a rock in my tummy.

I needed a little time and space to cry and get it all out.  The plan was to do all of that in my home.  Obviously, that is the kind of thing to do IN. MY. HOME.  Unfortunately, I don't get to control those emotions sometimes.  They just come out when they come out.  This past Sunday at church I went from smiling to "I have scans in FIVE days."  I cried really hard at the desk in the preschool area.  The only thing that makes it less embarrassing is that there were some babies also crying.  Thank you friends of the Brook Hills Preschool Ministry for hugging me and listening to me.  You are wonderful!!

When I have those hard, unexpected hard moments... life breathing scripture can point my heart to pure, sanctifying truth.

The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4

If I TRULY believe God's almighty breath gives me life... the fear of scans and prognosis cannot cripple me.  In fact, it does the opposites; it strengthens me.

On Sunday, fear grabbed my heart.  Today, I remember who made me and who sustains me.

Back when the original scan date was in June, we planned a family beach vacation for the following week.  We decided to go to the beach as a family to celebrate God's goodness... no matter what the outcome of the scan showed.  Regardless of any significant change or not, God is the one who holds this in His hands.  We will praise Him if it's stable!  We will praise Him if the tumor has grown!

Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
praise the name of the Lord!

Blessed be the name of the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!
Psalm 113:1-3

The beach vacation is still on for June!  The girls are SO excited!  My mom and sister will be there with us... it will be awesome!  So, this weekend we will find another way to celebrate.  Maybe with some ice cream, because, who doesn't love crazy kids on a sugar high?!

Thank you for continuing to come along side and pray for me and my sweet family.  You are such an encouragement.

Comments

  1. Lifting you all up in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting you all up in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you. God will have you in His loving arms. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and trusting God with you!!! You are loved as well as your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I’m Richie. I’m a web developer living in Bristol, UK. I am a fan of technology, design, and writing. visit links: cricut machines | cricut setup | cricut machines | cricut setup | www.cricut.com setup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Here We Are

I've tried to sit down and write this post about three times.  Every time I make it about a solid paragraph in and I scrap it to start over.  The first pass was already going to be really long winded and detailed.  The second was a little better, but opened the door for about a million rabbit trails to take. I think I've settled on the following for both time and posterity; back to a stream of consciousness brain dump... at least you know you're getting the freshest content. :) Ash was a gentle (most of the time :) ), compassionate heartbeat.  She had this unwavering focus to point others to Jesus.  She loved deeply  and had this ability to meet anyone where they were and pull them in.  She knew me better than anyone and (even in spite of that :) ), she loved me.  She was a tender-hearted mother that loved her girls more than most anything else.  She was passionate for caring for children (summers in other countries working in orphanages, working preschool ministry, her car

Merciful Rest

Today. May 14, 2022. A day that'll be etched into my memory for the rest of my life. It's the day my wife died. It's the day that holds moments that hurt worse than anything I've felt before. It's also the day that has brought some of the greatest episodes of hope I've ever seen. The past 72 hours have been some of the most rigorous as a caretaker.  These day have reminded me so very much of where we began this journey four and a half years ago in the ICU at UAB after her surgery, though, with one major difference... during those days I prayed earnestly for my wife to be saved and to recover.  These past few days have been filled with nothing but prayers of thankfulness and for mercy. I didn't sleep Thursday into Friday.  Ash required medications every hour and she was already showing signs of getting ready to leave her earthly body.  So aside from 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there... I embraced my former collegiate life and pulled an all-nighter. (Defini

Unexpectedly Expected

Good Evening- **Disclaimer: I'm an engineer.  I'm not a writer.  I did not major in English.  I prefer a mix of stream of consciousness and storytelling  as opposed to a formal MLA style paper.  If that really bothers you, I'm sorry and you will struggle through my posts.** Originally, I thought this would be the best medium to distribute information about the journey we are on.  I was wrong.  Even though it seems the sporadic updates I've gotten today have felt fewer and farther between than I would have liked, it all really came at a speed that was too fast to distribute through this blog. So, I imagine going forward this may be used as a milestone platform.  There will be honest, blunt communication of what's going on.  There will also be some behind-the-scenes analysis of everything.  I can't promise these will be short posts, but I can promise they'll be real and they'll be raw. So, let's start with today.  October 24, 2017 .  A